Forum.Playomg.com Playomg Forum

[Guide] About Ranger
Malevolence
Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 7:06:27 AM - 【Author】

Groups: Member

So this is my first guide release here at the POMG forums. Hope it'd be a good success and not just gonna go down to lots of flames. Constructive criticism will do and please as much as possible, don't flame.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Contents:
I. Ranger's Introduction
II. Stat Build
III. Skill Build {Belief}
III.a. Freedom
III.b. Rage
IV. Recommended pets for Ranger
V. Credits
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I. Ranger's Introduction
Trained to lethally accurate with a bow, Rangers like to pick of their targets from a distance while the enemy is distracted. They have the highest dexterity which increases damage as well as avoidance. They have a medium defence and high damage.
II. Stat Build

Rangers as introduced by the game itself "has the highest dexterity", well, it rings a bell, you could go pure dex for your stats then(4 points for dexterity).

Most players suggest the pure dex build, but some players say that it's a "not-so-good build".

Some players also say a good build would be 1strPOINT&3dexPOINTS per level, but some players just say that it sucks or in whatever way of saying that they prefer pure dex.

But you rangers, could choose on what stat you'll add. Just to give you information on how each stat point work on each stat for rangers...

Each STR point gives 2 Attack and 0.6 Physical Assault
Each CON point gives 9 HP and 2 Defense
Each INT point gives 2 MP, 1 Magic Harm and 0.5 Spell Assault
Each SPR point gives 2 MP, 0.5 Magic Harm and 0.5 Spell Assault
Each DEX point gives 1.6 Attack, 2 Physical Assault, 1 Target Hit and 1.2 Avoidance

So you choose... just make sure you won't add points for the stats SPR and INT, for Rangers is a "Physical Damager" type.

Rangers' Skill Belief Tree is divided into two beliefs, "Freedom" and "Rage". As what I've known, the Pure Dex build goes well with the Freedom Belief Tree, I don't have a good explanation that will convince you to have Freedom but, have a try! =) a Pure STR build will obviously go well with the Rage Belief Tree, because the Rage specializes with Physical Damage increase. I prefer taking Rage, but on my Ranger character, I took Freedom.

III.a. Freedom

To newbies/noobs(just4Fun, LOL) : If you don't understand what belief skill to get next after getting your first one, it's obvious in the picture, so don't worry. ;)

{back to the topic}
If ever you get this Belief Tree(Freedom), I suggest of you getting the left side(Self-Confidence), because taking the other side would be a little waste because the Flame Arrow just decreases Magic Resistance but you deal physical damage, but the Frost Arrow would be a little advantage on the action speed.

III.b. Rage

To newbies/noobs(just4Fun, LOL) : If you don't understand what belief skill to get next after getting your first one, it's obvious in the picture, so don't worry. ;)

{back to the topic}
If ever you get this Belief Tree(Rage), I suggest of you getting the right side(Fury), because as what I've said at the beginning of the Belief part of the guide, "Rage specializes with Physical Damage Increase" and so good skills which increase your physical damage are here on the right side.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= IV. Recommended pets for Ranger
Image and video hosting by TinyPic=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
V. Credits
ME - For making this and typing, lawl.
Mistletein - For fixing some stuff
Yuan - For some pet picture icons ==================================================================
THANK YOU!! TUT CLOSED, GONNA UPDATE SOON WHEN NECESSARY ~ Malevolence

ROST FOREST
IGN : Malevolence JOB : RANGER BELIEF : FREEDOM
IGN : `Malevolence` JOB : RANGER BELIEF : RAGE
Hawkyjr121
Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 7:13:55 AM - 【# 2】

Its a little bit hard to read, with little advance information, but is nevertheless a great sum up of basic ranger information for newbies. And thanks a lot for the effort, we really do appreciate it :D Looking forward for more advance information in you part 4 & 5~

PS: For those who have read but haven't left a comment yet:
Please do post your comment here. At least appreciate the time and effort he've put in making this guide....

-------------------------------
Tallas Plain's Ranger

Mistletein
Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 4:15:24 AM - 【# 3】

So this is my first guide release here at the POMG forums. Hope it'd be a good success and not just gonna go down to lots of flames. Constructive criticism will do and please as much as possible, don't flame.
Contents:
I. Ranger's Introduction
II. Stat Build
III.a. Freedom
III.b. Rage
IV. Recommended pets for Ranger
V. Credits
I. Ranger's Introduction
Trained to lethally accurate with a bow, Rangers like to pick of their targets from a distance while the enemy is distracted. They have the highest dexterity which increases damage as well as avoidance. They have a medium defence and high damage.
II. Stat Build

Rangers as introduced by the game itself "has the highest dexterity", well, it rings a bell, you could go pure dex for your stats then(4 points for dexterity).

Most players suggest the pure dex build, but some players say that it's a "not-so-good build".

Some players also say a good build would be 1strPOINT&3dexPOINTS per level, but some players just say that it sucks or in whatever way of saying that they prefer pure dex.

But you rangers, could choose on what stat you'll add. Just to give you information on how each stat point work on each stat for rangers...

Each STR point gives 2 Attack and 0.6 Physical Assault
Each CON point gives 9 HP and 2 Defense
Each INT point gives 2 MP, 1 Magic Harm and 0.5 Spell Assault
Each SPR point gives 2 MP, 0.5 Magic Harm and 0.5 Spell Assault
Each DEX point gives 1.6 Attack, 2 Physical Assault, 1 Target Hit and 1.2 Avoidance

So you choose... just make sure you won't add points for the stats SPR and INT, for Rangers is a "Physical Damager" type.

Rangers' Skill Belief Tree is divided into two beliefs, "Freedom" and "Rage". As what I've known, the Pure Dex build goes well with the Freedom Belief Tree, I don't have a good explanation that will convince you to have Freedom but, have a try! =) a Pure STR build will obviously go well with the Rage Belief Tree, because the Rage specializes with Physical Damage increase. I prefer taking Rage, but on my Ranger character, I took Freedom.

III.a. Freedom

{back to the topic}
If ever you get this Belief Tree(Freedom), I suggest of you getting the left side(Self-Confidence), because taking the other side would be a little waste because the Flame Arrow just decreases Magic Resistance but you deal physical damage, but the Frost Arrow would be a little advantage on the action speed.

III.b. Rage

{back to the topic}
If ever you get this Belief Tree(Rage), I suggest of you getting the right side(Fury), because as what I've said at the beginning of the Belief part of the guide, "Rage specializes with Physical Damage Increase" and so good skills which increase your physical damage are here on the right side.
PARTS 4 AND 5 TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW :D PLEASE BUMP !!

Mistletein wrote:
fixed your post, i could help you with skill point distribution, but maybe you have already prepared it

btw, i modified the stat build section, so the guide matches w/ the picture

Long-term Hardwork, Easy Earning, Get Paid by Viewing Ads

Inactive in the Forums because it's COLLEGE TIME! Though I may be lurking every weekend
neoreal
Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:33:30 PM - 【# 4】

what does that number 22 on judge of fate represent? kinda confused here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mistletein
Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 5:43:01 PM - 【# 5】

neoreal wrote:
what does that number 22 on judge of fate represent? kinda confused here

that is the number of belief points assigned to the skill tree required to get the talent

Long-term Hardwork, Easy Earning, Get Paid by Viewing Ads

Inactive in the Forums because it's COLLEGE TIME! Though I may be lurking every weekend
me
Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:21:37 PM - 【# 6】

just wanna ask.. which is better.. rage or freedom??? tnx.. for the info
benjoflores
Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:19:22 AM - 【# 7】

i think RAGE is better than FREEDOM....
Zukirin
Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:32:23 AM - 【# 8】

what do you think about getting the LINK skill than VIGOROUS KILL?
Mast
Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:29:02 AM - 【# 9】

wats the of wild skill? im new...tyvm
Mast
Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:32:55 AM - 【# 10】

wats the use* of wild skill? im new...tyvm
razre
Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:06:43 AM - 【# 11】

@ mast u can edit it instead of double posting..

anyways
wild skill is a pasive skill which can add 1000 crit intensity at lvl 1

Click it or i'll bite
okay if you dont wanna click the squiby.. idc coz it dont die.. but these eggs will di unless u click it!!

(please specialize the eggs since it doesnt die when it already reached maturity)

Malevolence
Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:01:22 PM - 【# 12】

Updated.

ROST FOREST
Malevolence
Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:02:55 PM - 【# 13】

Updated.

ROST FOREST
ace515
Posted : Monday, June 07, 2010 4:48:16 AM - 【# 14】

Can I used both of freedom and rage?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~

Ign:█ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Server:Elven Land

Ign:Kяäviüs Täküяє

Server:Elven Land

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~

Click It And it Will Hatch

Malevolence
Posted : Monday, June 07, 2010 9:23:05 PM - 【# 15】

ace515 wrote:
Can I used both of freedom and rage?
Of course you could, but it'll be a waste of points, better stick to one.

ROST FOREST
dloliver123
Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:56:30 AM - 【# 16】

Wouldnt it also be good to add steel beast/ phantom for a poss pet? Since both pets have primary stat of strength and dex, or dex and strength respectively. Moreover, try to get your poss pet the skill "Resonance". Resonance will give you additional percentage of the stat you obtain from your poss pet. If i remember it right, Resonance lv1 gives additional 15%, lv2 is 30% and so on.
Malevolence
Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 5:32:14 AM - 【# 17】

Thanks for adding information dloliver, I appreciate it. :D

ROST FOREST
dloliver123
Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 7:15:45 AM - 【# 18】

Malevolence wrote:
Thanks for adding information dloliver, I appreciate it. :D
no prob man. At least we're trying to help other ppl build better rangers :)
Kimboypogi
Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 7:22:26 PM - 【# 19】

which pet is stronger or good to use??
Attk: A18, ESM or Rebel Angel??
Def: Plain Pig or Steel Dragon??
Poss: A18, ESM, Rebel Angel or A15

Thanks...

click them...
Malevolence
Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 9:55:44 PM - 【# 20】